Download the release package here: BasicBlog.zip.
BasicBlog 1.0, while very easy to use once installed, takes some web hosting knowledge to set up.
Here are the steps:
- Unzip BasicBlog.zip and upload it to the desired location on your web server.
- Go to the URL of your BasicBlog, appending “/settings” (without quotes) to the URL to log into the configuration page.
- Enter the default password, “new” (without quotes).
- Configure your BasicBlog. Don’t forget to change the password!
- Click “New Post” to make your first post!
To make it easy to see how BasicBlog works, the release package is preconfigured similar to the BasicBlog.org website, complete with sample posts and a sensible default configuration.
We recommend that you explore and customize BasicBlog for your particular needs. Once you have it set up the way you want it, simply copy the “Data” directory to back up your configuration and all your posts!